Thursday, August 22, 2013

Welcome Back! Happy New School Year!!!

Dear families,

I hope you had a great summer! Despite the rain and humid heat, summer did arrive. While you were enduring the humid heat here on the east coast I was in Utah, Colorado, New Mexico basking in dry 104 degrees heat, with family.

My colleagues and I have spent some of the summer planning our implementation of Reading Street which will incorporate Common Core standards into reading and writing. We will be delving into engaging non-ficition reading material of complex text that will be sure to extend our learning and discovery in many areas across the curriculum.

I look forward to seeing our new class and hearing all about summer adventures. My hope is to create a safe and happy learning environment that supports and honors student learning. I look forward to working with you in order to best serve the needs of your child.

Thank you,

Deb Pierotti

(P.S. Scroll down to view Curriculum overview for the year)



No comments:

Post a Comment